Monday, September 6, 2010

How did that come about?

This summer while I was in Regina I did a lot of things that I've never done before: I went to my first 3D movie ever; I slept in my car in the walmart parking lot; I became close friends with total strangers; I brushed my teeth in the walmart bathroom; I went to my second 3D movie ever; I got a mani-pedi; I got into a collision on Albert; I spent an entire afternoon in a public library; I looked at a human heart that had suffered a heart attack...

and I went to a rabbit funeral.

The rabbit, Lou, had belonged to a 16 year old girl that I love very much. I went over to her house and of course I dressed in black because that's only appropriate. When I arrived said 16 year old and her mother were digging the grave in the back yard. I took over so that the headstone could be prepared.

It was a lovely service. Lou was laid in his grave then the mother and I sang a duet after which Lou's owner read a page from her journal about the first day she got Lou. Then we all shared memories about Lou, after those heart warming moments we each took a turn filling the grave. When it was all over we went inside to have some refreshments.

The entire experience made me want to have children.

No comments: