Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Things

Last year I decided that I was going to try new things. Things that I just had never tried before because for some reason I thought I wouldn't like them. I mostly tried new foods because come on, I don't want to get crazy or anything! Here are some foods that I tried this past year for the first time: Kiwis. I know right? I'm not sure why I thought I wouldn't like kiwis! But now I do, in fact they are probably my favourite! Salsa. I had a legit reason for not wanting to ever eat salsa, I don't like tomatoes. At all. Trust me, I've tried! Turns out though that I do like salsa. Hot Pepper Jelly. Delicious. Cabbage. Of course I've tried cabbage before, my mum made me try it when I was a kid but who likes cabbage when they are a kid? Once you are an adult though it's not so bad! Avacados. Not a fan. Fried onions. I just don't like onions, that's just the way it is. So I assumed I frying them wouldn't change that. I assumed wrong! As you can tell, I'm not much of a risk taker. Even with what I eat. However, all this trying new food action has shown me something. If you're not willing to try something new you might be missing out on something great! I mean hello, kiwis! So in this new year when something new comes my way I'm going to try not to say no instantly. I'll try giving it a chance. I'm not talking about just food either! Activities, instruments, musical genres, friends. We'll see!

No comments: