Friday, October 12, 2007

The difference

Last year at this time I was already discouraged with living in Loon Lake, I dreaded going to church on Sunday morning and I dispised going to work. Last year at about this time I was looking for an out, I had mentally packed my bags and rented an apartment in Regina! You see I had moved to Loon lake very eager to do ministry. I had hoped to get involved in youth ministry, along with being involved in the church and other such things. Well to make a long story short, (because the long story is very long and very dramatic) things didn't pan out the way I had hoped last year. I was pretty much a very discouraged, lonely and unhappy girl.

I didn't want to. But I stayed.

This year, completly different story. I am very involved at church which makes me so happy, tomorrow is my first night of helping with a youth group, I enjoy the jobs I have (they works well with everything else going on in my life) and I am happy here!

So what was last year all about?

The main lesson I learned last year, that was so hard for me was not running away. Ever since I was probably 7 or 8 I have ran away from things that make me unhappy, or uncomforable. I have ran away when things get a bit too intense or me or scary. I have ran away from the unknown and untrusted. Over the past 16 years I have gone through a lotof runing shoes you could say! But last year when I was so unhappy, when uncomfortable situations were coming at me from allaround and when the first and only thing I wanted to do was tie on a new pair of running shoes and race away for all I was worth God firmly and lovingly said, "No. This time you stay."

And I did, for the first time in 16 years I didn't run away. I'm still here and glad about it! Isn't GOD strange? In a good way though! I'd say thanks to Him this girl has put away the running shoes, maybe I'll invest in some comfy slippers, moccasins even!

No comments: