Thursday, October 25, 2007

Oh children

I havn't posted for a while. Mostly because I havn't known what to think or say. After writing my big post about finally being happy in Loon Lake I became very unhappy. Why is it so hard for me to be content? I know that if I did leave Loon Lake right now and pursue something else I would be often thinking back to Loon Lake and everything going on here. So why can't I be content here? It's a very strange thing.

Maybe I just need to go on a trip for a little while, I weekend away. Good thing Youthedge is coming up soon!

I've become involved in a lot of Children's Ministries this year. I help out at 2 different Kids Clubs and I teach Sunday School for age 6-9ish. There is also a bit of camp follow up going on that is kid friendly. Through all this I have discovered...I don't really enjoy children's ministry all that much. Now don't get me wrong I like kids and I like hanging out with them but I don't so much like teaching them. It scares me a little bit. Even though their cute, kids can be intimidating! Now that I know this about myself I still need to stick with all thes things I've committed to for the year. And that's okay, GOD can work even through me and my lack of kids skills!

1 comment:

Michael and Sharlene McDonald said...

Thanks for continuing to post... We appreciate hearing from the mind and heart of Joni!!If there is any way we can be of assistance, just let us know!

You could come to Mexico for a week....