Sunday, January 11, 2009

The moldy muffin day

One day I was babysitting for a lady I am good friends with. I went to her house nice and early in the morning because she had to leave for work by 8:00am. As I was waiting for the little tyke I was to care for to wake up I felt a certain rumbling behind my belly button. Sure enough, I was hungry! So I rummaged through the fridge and the cupboards until I came upon some muffins. Oh how scrumptious they looked! I pulled one out and took a medium sized bite outta it. As I was chewing I thought to myself, "Man, this muffin sure tastes funny...maybe it has extra fiber in it" I took another bite. The self talk continued, "No it can't be fiber, what is that funky taste?" I had only to look down at the now significantly smaller muffin in my mind to find the funky taste culprit. Mold!!!
Realizing that I had already consumed some of the nasty mold my stomach started to churn. I hoped to high heaven it would all come back up. Alas it did not, I digested that mold.
The moral of my story is, make sure you look before you bite.

No comments: