Thursday, October 28, 2010

I had big, big dreams!

When I was little I wanted nothing more then to be a truck driver.

Yeeeeeup, I wanted to drive a big rig all across the country. Living out of my truck and seeing the world! Well maybe not the world but a large chunk of Canada anyhow. However, that wasn't the end of my dream. Oh no! I not only wanted to drive truck but I wanted to own my own trucking business! That's right! My dad even had a special hat made for me one Christmas. It had a purple semi on it with "JB Trucking" scrawled across it.

The dream even went so far that I wrote songs about it...I will share one of those with you now!

The 12 Days of Truckin' Christmas

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me
a new wide load semi

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me
two crates of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me
three road maps, two crates of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
four steering wheels, three road maps, two crates of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
Fiiiiive black tires!
four steering wheels, three road maps, two crates of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
six gearshifts shifting, fiiive black tires, four steering wheels,
three road maps, two crates of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me
seven breaks a-squealing, six gearshifts sifting, fiiive black tires,
four steering wheels, three road maps, two crates of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
eight gas tanks pumping, seven breaks a-squealing, six gearshifts shifting
fiiiive black tires, four steering wheels, three road maps, two crated of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
nine break lights blinking, eight gas tanks pumping, seven breaks a-squealing
six gearshifts shifting, fiiive black tires, four steering wheels, three road maps, two crates of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
ten motors running, nine break lights blinking, eight gas tanks pumping,
seven breaks a-squealing, six gearshifts shifting, fiiiive black tires, four steering wheels,
three road maps, two crates of logs
and a new wide load semi

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me
eleven headlights flashing, ten motors running, nine break lights blinking,
eight gas tanks pumping, seven breaks a-squealing, six gearshifts shifting, fiiive black tires,
four steering wheels, three road maps,two crates of logs,
and a new wide load semi

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
twelve lunches waiting, eleven headlights flashing, ten motors running, nine break lights blinking
eight gas tanks pumping, seven breaks a-squealing, six gearshifts shifting,
fiiive black tires, four steering wheels, three road maps, two crates of logs,
and a neeeew wide load semiiiiiiiii!!!

1 comment: