Sunday, September 6, 2009

all of that AND a muffin?!

Today at work while I was carrying a big bowl of hashbrowns to the brunch buffet the man I went in front of to empty that bowl said to me, "Your husbands must love you ladies, you're such great cooks!"

He was just giving us a simple complement.

So I said, "Thanks!" (to assure him I had caught his complement and was appreciative) "But they never get to eat our cooking because we're always here!" (I said this because I like to think I'm witty and I wanted to make him laugh, which he did.)

Now we all know that I'm not married, but he didn't. So yes, I guess I slightly lied. Well I implied something that isn't true. But he didn't want to stand there while I explained how I wasn't married, he just wanted to let me know the food was good.

So there!

No comments: