Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weird things

Do you ever stop to think about simple things and start to realize how strange they actually are? I do, all the time. Take for example yesterday, I went for a canoe ride in the evening to enjoy the silence and the view. I was slowly paddling through the reeds and watching the bottom of the lake pass me by. Then I started thinking about fish, about how they just live in the water all the time. When we are out canoeing or boating or water skiing or swimming there the fish are, just living their fish lives in the water. I thought that was weird.

Or sometimes at night when I'm getting ready for bed I start to think about the fact that every night for 6-8 hours (usually never 8, sometimes much less than 6) I lie down in my bed, close my eyes and sleep, unaware of what's going on in life around me. However I'm not the only one doing this, the majority of people in my time zone are doing the same thing and yet there's never, ever a time when we are all asleep. Weird.

Or the word weird. It's a weird word, if you say it enough times it's gets even weirder. Plus it starts to look weird once you've typed it a number of times and also, it defies the law of "I before E except after C", silly English.

No comments: