Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Neighbour alert

Do you remember my neighbour Henry? Well he's technically not my neighbour anymore but he is my parents neighbour and I still see him most days.

Anyway, I'm pretty startled because a few days ago Henry had a heart attack and nobody knew for 2 days! Isn't that absolutely horrible. Poor Henry was laying on the floor in his house for 2 days before anybody found him. I can't even imagine how terrifying that must have been. Number one, he would have been in great amounts of pain. Number two, all he was able to do was lie there and think about death. Number three, not being able to help himself or summon help would have been very frustrating for Henry.

I feel terrible.

You just never know.

He should be home in the next couple of days, sportin a brand new pace maker. I sure hope he also gets one of those alert buttons, although knowing him he probably won't wear it. I'm going to become better at checking up on my neighbours.

No comments: