Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Challenge number two...

...Your idea of the perfect first date.

Funny you should ask that! A couple weeks ago I read this blog entry and I was reminded of a very similar experience I had.

One time I watched that movie called Sydney White. I know, I know. It's one of those lame movies that's a redo of a classic story (Snow White in case you were wondering) with a corny message and slightly inappropriate humor. I'm not scared to say that I liked it anyway.

But on to the point of this. There is a scene in Sydney White where she goes on a first date with her soon to be Prince Charming. Now there are many wonderful places to go on a first date: a nice restaurant, the movies, mini golfing, on a picnic, you get my drift. Mr. Prince, however, doesn't do any of these things. He takes her to a soup kitchen where they serve food to homeless people.

After that scene I turned to my friend and I said in these exact words, "If a guy ever, ever takes me on a first date to serve homeless people food I will drop everything going on in my life and I will marry that guy!"

It hasn't happened yet but I still stand by that statement.

2 comments:

suzy said...

heehee, i can't wait to see how your story ends up.. :)

Joni said...

Fingers crossed ;)
Kidding.