Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Forgiveness...

I've been thinking a lot about forgiveness lately.
I've had to ask for forgiveness a lot of times in my life
because you see I make lots of mistakes
and I hurt people unintentionally.
It's scary apologizing to someone you love and asking them to forgive you.
But when they offer that forgiveness freely
the feeling is unexplainable.
There's also been a few times when people have sought my forgiveness
and giving it to them is a beautiful thing!
I've also learned that sometimes you have to remind yourself that you forgave them
and even do it again.
But what I'm really wondering about;
what has my mind all muddled is...
What do you do when someone has hurt you but doesn't apologize
and more importantly, doesn't ask for forgiveness.
Hmmmmm.
I believe that God wants us to forgive them anyway
but is it just me or does that seem harder to do when they don't fess up to what they've done?

No comments: