Monday, November 29, 2010

So much for sleep.

I am 26 years old
and somehow
I still have no clue who I am.
Well that's not entirely true,
there is some things I know about myself.
I know that I love spaghetti and I know that I hate spiders and I know that I do not like sudden change, thus needing time to adapt.
But for the most part I really don't know who I am
and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have at least some of it figured out by 26.
Do you know why I don't know who I am?
Because I've spent most of my life being a very good chameleon.


yep.
Some species of this particular lizard can change their skin colour and pattern in order to blend in with their surroundings.
I'm very, very good at that.
In grade 4 my favorite colour was purple...
Because that was Stephanie's favorite colour.
When I was 17 and on a trip to BC with Debbie I liked eating beans on toast...
because Debbie loved it.
A few years ago I taught Sunday school because everyone said I would do a wonderful job...
I dreaded Sunday morning. I am not a good Sunday school teacher.
In high school I was super quiet and stuck with my own crowd because somehow
that is how I was labeled early in my high school career.
In Bible school I was quite outgoing and friends with almost everyone because somehow
that was how I was labeled then.
In my family gatherings I rarely talk.
In my friend gatherings I can easily make people laugh.
So who the heck am I really?
and how do I figure it out?

No comments: